|"What are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them?"
The Psalmist asks an important question of God. What is a human being? It is a question that Christians should consider as people from every walk of life grapple with the nature of humanity. What does it mean to be human? How do answers to this question shape our understanding of our very culture? Join us for a 5-part Soundings series, starting Tuesday, August 31. The Revd Dr. Robert S. Kinney will guide us through sessions on this most foundational concept -- our very humanity -- bringing the social science of anthropology into conversation with the Bible.
We will be meeting on Tuesdays, August 31 - September 28, starting at 7pm each night in the Church Centre.
Over the five weeks, we will look at:
1. definitions and methodology (August 31)
2. economics and work (September 7)
3. gender and sexuality (September 14)
4. families and kinship (September 21)
5. race and ethnicity (September 28)
6. religion and spirituality (TBD?)
If you have any questions, please contact the Church Office. We hope to see you there!